Family Solutions is aimed at helping families with a range of issues on a voluntary basis. They work with families for up to 12 months by helping them identify their own solutions to their problems.
In the early stages contact with the family can be on an intensive basis, reducing over time as they become more confident at addressing their problems.
Family Solutions will work with families who have two or more of the following difficulties described as Intensive in the Effective Support for Children and Families in Essex Guidance:
- Families with no member in work
- Families with significant non-school attendance (for whatever reason)
- Families with members involved in crime or anti-social behaviour
- Families affected by domestic violence
- Families living with drug and alcohol misuse
- Families where children are in need and were open to social care
- Families where children exhibit significant behavioural difficulties
- Families facing eviction or with significant rent arrears or neighbour disputes
- Families with one or more member of the household with a mental health need
Please watch the following video for more information on the service that is available: