Each lesson includes clarity, challenge, engagement, autonomy and feedback
The key features of our curriculum are:
- Most subjects are taught though a cross-curricular approach with a new topic every term.
- We use a flexible timetable to complete purposeful outcomes, which meet objectives from a range of subjects in the national curriculum.
- All lessons are taught in mixed ability classes.
- Each topic starts with a wow/hook event (such as a visit, visitor or workshop) to engage the children.
- During each topic, pupils read a high quality text, which is used to stimulate further learning.
- Each topic includes three written outcomes - one to entertain, one to persuade and one to inform.
- At the end of each topic, pupils present a final outcome to a given audience (such as a museum, presentation or performance).
- Pupils have a designated maths lesson, which focuses on number and calculation every day. Other areas of maths are taught through a cross-curricular approach.
- Some subjects (such as PE and MFL) are taught exclusively.
In every lesson, we teach and promote at least one of the following:
- Team ethic
Please click on the links below to see our 2020/21 Curriculum