From September 2018, we are starting a new and exciting curriculum across the school. The key features of our new curriculum are:
- Most subjects are taught though a cross-curricular approach with a new topic every half term.
- We use a flexible timetable to complete purposeful outcomes which meet objectives from a range of subjects in the national curriculum.
- All lessons are taught in mixed ability classes.
- Each topic starts with a wow event (such as a visit, visitor or workshop) to engage the children.
- During each topic, pupils read a high quality text which is used to stimulate further learning.
- Each topic includes three written outcomes - one to entertain, one to persuade and one to inform.
- At the end of each half-termly topic, pupils present a final outcome to a given audience (such as a museum, presentation or performance).
- Pupils have a maths lesson which focuses on number and calculation every day. Other areas of maths are taught through a cross-curricular approach.
- Some subjects (such as PE and MFL) are taught exclusively.
Each lesson includes clarity, challenge, engagement, autonomy and feedback
Some subjects are taught by subject specialists through Short Courses. Each class completes four Short Courses over the course of a year.
- Dramatic arts (including music)
- Computer Science
- In every lesson, we teach and promote at least one of the following:
- Team ethic
Please click on the link below to see 2018/2019 Curriculum